EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Cameron McWhirter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 10:01:40 EDT
For those rarefied sensibilities out there, I'll be glad to drop "academic"
and simply call it gossip.

Carpenter certainly never "settled" the matter and it remains very much an
open, if essentially vacuous, question. Those who could settle the matter are
dead.

 I would agree with others on the list that is strays far afield from the
poem, from Pound's writings and from his career.

--Cam McWhirter