EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Daniel Pearlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Oct 1998 12:29:00 -0400
Peter,

You are right about my having a wrong clock setting.
I've now set it back to 1998.  Is this what was
causing Tim's problem?

==Dan Pearlman

At 08:05 AM 10/18/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Well, Dan Pearlman has a very detailed signature in his emails but a wrong
>clock setting in his computer. The mailing list is fine, and there is no
virus.

>Peter Bi
>http://www.Card4You.com
>
>Arwin wrote:
>
>> You better be careful, because it might be a virus. A good alternative
>> option is that someone has been testing whether the server is Millenium
>> proof simply by temporarily switching the date to 1999 and seeing what
>> happens. Also check whether your own system date hasn't been changed. But,
>> most importantly, do check for a virus. If it is then most likely there are
>> going to be other files on your harddisk dated 1999. Changing file dates is
>> common in viruses (viri). I can recommend Norton Antivirus or McAfee's
>> software (downloadable from the Internet) .
>>
>> Arwin van Arum.

Dan Pearlman                    Office: Department of English
102 Blackstone Blvd. #5                 University of Rhode Island
Providence, RI 02906                    Kingston, RI 02881
Tel.: 401 453-3027                      Tel.: 401 874-4659
email: [log in to unmask]            Fax:  401 874-2580