EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Tim Romano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 21:54:15 -0400
Rick,
Of course I agree with you -- word order has very important stylistic and
rhetorical implications. But you were talking about syntax, not about
style, and I wanted to point out that with the copula, and only with the
copula, word order can be reversed without changing the core meaning of the
assertion.
Tim Romano