EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Burt Hatlen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Aug 2003 21:10:39 -0400
Of course, Tim is right, and I was creating a false problem: the "you" of "Canzon: The Yearly Slain" is obviously Manning--Pound tells us in a headnote that the poem was written in response to a poem by Manning, and I should have taken this
statement as the answer to my question.  I guess that I was intrigued by the wider implications of the "yearly slain"--not only Kore, but also Adonis and Osiris--and wanted to find a largely mystery here.

Burt Hatlen