EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
bob scheetz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 21:31:11 -0400
tim,
     sadly,  i think you are finally right about the
narcissism/exhibitionism (vanity) as the pound-ian arch-trope.
there is an relentlessly idiotic (original gk sense) structure
which he clearly cultivated...and which is impenetrable
...a specific lack of negative capability, a middle-class merkan egoism,
posing as "authenticity", the logical
culmination of romanticism, which has blighted
most of modernism, no?

thanks,
bob