EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Debbie Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 09:03:16 -0400
It is true that Social Darwinism was widely accepted, most notably by the
British who used as an intellectual underpinning for their domination of of
various people of color around the world.  Up until the 1960s Racism was
institutionalized in America through legal segregation.  Apartheid in S.
Africa was an institutionalized, legalized political infrastructure designed
to keep a majority population under the control of a minority class.  And it
is argued by some that the American empire is based on a fundamental concept
that might makes right and the strongest nations have every right to impose
their will on less powerful nations/cultures etc.

Bill Wagner