EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bill Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 11:20:54 -0500
The Irish musician is Irvine, not Ervine.  As for dancing to his Balkan
rhythms... they are so complex it's hard to tell whether it's in or out
of time.

The Smithsonian Folkways catalog does have "The Pennywhistlers,"
recorded in 1963, which includes Tudora.  They also have Dances of the
World's Peoples, Vol. 2: European Folk Dances which includes some
Bulgarian, Macedonian, Greek & Turkish tracks.

The web site is: http://www.si.edu/folkways/start.htm