EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Tim Romano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 10:19:31 -0400
Billy,

Comet Cursor was commonly regarded as such a "spyware" program. The name
appeared in articles about this problem which I read earlier this summer. I
quoted the GRC URL from memory.  I've gone to the Comet Systems site to
double-check and have read their privacy statement, which includes a
reference to a Ziff-Davis article. The ZD article is a retraction.

http://www.zdnet.com/anchordesk/stories/story/0,10738,2599169,00.html

Comet Cursor has been judged benign.

However, you might want to reconsider the approach which requires any
program to be downloaded onto the user's PC.

Tim Romano