EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
jason monios <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 01:45:23 PST
There are some books on Vorticism which include good analyses of the
relations between Vorticism and Futurism. Wyndham Lewis (as the ring leader)
was probably more related to Marinetti than Pound was. In his letters there
are a couple of references to Futurist shows in London. Two useful titles
are:

Richard Cork: Vorticism and Abstract Art in the First Machine Age. (2 vols.)

William Wees: Vorticism and the English Avant-Garde.

They're both very informative regarding the ins and outs of Vorticism,
Lewis, Pound, the other Vorticists, etc. Plus there's also Reed Way
Dasenbrock's excellent book which I think was already mentioned: "The
Literary Vorticism of Ezra Pound and Wyndham Lewis".

I hope this helps.

Jason Monios