EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jim Strachan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 19:02:55 -0800
FYI:
Went to Vancouver on the weekend and happened upon Hugh Kenner's CBC Massey
lecture transcript now in book form called "The Elsewhere Community". It's
published in Ontario by House of Anansi Press Ltd & sells for $14.95 Can.
Here's the address of the publisher for those who may be interested:

House of Anansi Press Limited
1800 Steeles Avenue West
Concord, Ontario
Canada
L4K 2P3
They also have a website: http://www.the-wire.com/irwin/anansi/

I remember the interest in Kenner's lecture on this list a few months back
& thought there may be a few of you interested in this info. Unfortunately,
I didn't get a chance to hear the lecture, so the book was a pleasant
surprise as it peered at me from the bookstore's shelf. There is a
wonderful section where Kenner recalls his first meeting with Pound at St.
Elizabeth's in the company of Marshall McLuhan: "We presented our
credentials at the office, saw our names entered in a book labelled 'Ezra
Pound's Company,' then were ushered up two floors to the Chestnut Ward.
Pound had recently been promoted from the Dangerously Insane to, so to
speak, the Slightly Cracked; that was the news our New York informant was
responding to when he'd told us Pound could now be visited."

Jim