EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
"N. Scott Reynolds" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 1999 22:10:28 -0000
Yeats, in his A Vision quotes Empedocles speaking of the vortex (p.67) Also
Heraclitus is quoted, both of which seem to be the basis or the explication
of the myth that Zeus went back into time and swallowed everything thus
creating a link between his godself and all else. This can be found
mentioned in both the W.B. Yeats book mentioned and Roberto Calasso's The
Marriage of Cadmus and Harmony, which was published by Alfred Knopf (New
York) in 1993. I cannot tell the exact page. Yeats mentions in the same
chapter as above that "His head, as a youth, was full of Blake..." Also,
although I have yet to read the book via the index of This Difficult
Individual: Ezra Pound by Eustace Mullins mentions Pound attending Yeats'
salon where the walls were hung with Blake engravings.
Regards,
N. Scott Reynolds