EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Erin Templeton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 13:45:40 -0500
        First of all, it's interesting to see how everyone else has become
interested in Pound.
I was introduced to his work in a graduate seminar titled Modernist Poets
in Conversation, which focused on the pairs Pound-Eliot and Stevens-Moore
and the artistic exchange between the poets.  I took the course because I
was interested in Eliot and Stevens, having never read Pound or Moore, but
after reading some of _Spirit of Romance_ (the Whitman-watermelon part) I
was hooked, and began to wonder why Pound isn't taught or read more.  In my
previous experience, he wasn't even so much dismissed as just plain absent.
 I am glad to see that their is a friendly Pound community out there
though--despite my earlier remarks re: Pound and Pope.
Erin

Erin E. Templeton
Pennsylvania State University
Department of English