EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 12:58:06 -0800
>myriad books exist attempting to -explain- hitler.  but i think bob's
>point is well taken--none of these books have succeeded, and they have
>amounted to a lot of tinkering with facts, confusing how the man actually
>was.  maybe there is no actual knowing: lots of possibilities, and a good
>amount of ideas generated, but still no objective proof.  we sit looking
>in all these directions, but still see no flashing lights.

Hitler may be more horrible than, but  no more inexplicable
than, the rest of the universe.
As a graffito in the men's john at MIT says:
"THERE IS NO COMPLETELY SATISFACTORY THEORY OF ANYTHING"

"Peace comes of communication."-- Ezra Pound
"Congress shall make no law abridging freedom of speech
or of the press..." -- Anon
"To live well is to live with adequate information"-- Norbert Weiner