EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Robert Kibler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 15:58:06 -0500
Dear Billy Marshall Stoneking,
     I have just printed out your play and given it to our theater
director. He will read it and decide whether or not it is something he
wants to do. I have made a big push for it. You said $200 for the rights,
right? Additionally, if he wants to do the play, then I will submit a
proposal to the Intellectual Climate committee for funds to bring you here.
The idea would be to show the play, and then have audience members either
before or after the performance ask key actors, the director, and the
author questions about what they saw.
     The timeline for all of this? Who knows--but I never let anything go
to sleep, so will keep seeking answers, so at least I know that speeds up
the process. Hope we get your play on stage, and hope we get you here. All
the best, Robert K

At 03:55 PM 9/5/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Wei:
>
>Thank you for your remarks/endorsement re:  my play, SIXTEEN WORDS FOR
>WATER. I'd like to invite - or re-invite -  those list members who have not
>yet read the script to avail themselves of the new CGI text version which
>can be accessed
>through my site at http://ezrapound.cjb.net
>
>The next scheduled production is in January/
>February at the Harlequin Theatre in Olympia, Washington (south of Seattle)
>in January/February, 2001. There may also be a production at Harvard. I will
>post details as soon as this is performed.
>
>Sincerely
>Billy Marshall Stoneking
>

>Wei wrote:
>
>"I am glad William Marshall's play "Sixteen words for water" is doing well.
>Congratulations!
>
>"I read the text, available on his web site, and found it extremely thought
>provoking.  I highly recommend it to all who have not read it yet, and
>especially to those who may not have the opportunity to see it performed."
>
>Regards,
>
>Wei

Robert E. Kibler, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of English and Humanities
Faculty Representative, ND State Board of Higher Education
Minot State University
701 858 3876

             thus Venus to Aeneas: Tyrian maids often dress like
             this, shouldering a quiver, and binding their ankles
             high with purple buskins. (I.334-37)