EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Piet Wesselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 19:32:13 +0100
From the Berne Convention, Article 7:

Paragraph 1:
"The term of protection granted by this Convention shall be the life of the
author and fifty years after his death."
Paragraph 6:
"The countries of the Union may grant a term of protection in excess of
those provided by the preceding paragraphs."  E.g. in the Netherlands an
author's work is protected until 70 years after his death. So you'll
probably have to wait at least until 2013 for a legal online copy of _Spring
and All_.

Full text of the Berne Convention may be found at the website of the World
Intellectual Property Organization (http://www.wipo.org/).

Kind regards,

Piet Wesselman

At 08:56 16-1-00 -0500, you wrote:
>A query related to Jonathan Morse's unrelated query: is _Spring and All_
>availiable on-line? I've checked Bartleby and Project Gutenburg and it's in
>neither of those. Seems like there should be a whole slew of texts from the
>early 20's that should now be on-line, since the copyright has expired.
>
>Jonathan Morse wrote:
>
>> Thanks, Garrick Davis, for that interesting compilation of Randall
>> Jarrell's thoughts about pound.
>>
>> And an unrelated query: is Eliot's essay "_Ulysses_, Order, and Myth"
>> legally available online? I'd like to make it available on my Web page for
>> a class, but I've searched without success. On the other hand, at
>>
>> http://www.bartleby.com/index.html
>>
>> you'll find all of _The Sacred Wood_, plus a collection of
>> early-20th-century poetry anthologies that'll show you what Pound was up
>> against, plus much else of interest.
>>
>> More: at
>>
>> http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/20000115/t000004712.html
>>
>> you'll find an article about the now forgotten Thomas Wolfe which says in
>> passing that William Carlos Williams' reputation is fading too. Say it
>> ain't so!
>>
>> Jonathan Morse

    De Nederlandse Letteren:      http://www.letteren.nl/
    email:                        [log in to unmask]
    Book Lovers:                  http://www.xs4all.nl/~pwessel/
    Antiqbook searchable database http://www.antiqbook.com/books/
    Wesselman Antiquariaat        http://www.xs4all.nl/~pwessel/books/
    e-mail:                       [log in to unmask]