ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Mathy Matturro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 10:16:28 -0500
[log in to unmask],NNTP writes:
>The frightening thing is that they are only going to run into better
>and better
>goaltenders as march approaches...Unless Mike and Matt become the next
>coming of Jesus
>himself, and any and everyone who can put the puck in the net does, we
>won't be in
>Providence.   In other words, there can be no excuses for losses, they
>are losing to
>teams they should be beating, and may need to beat to get to
>Providence.  It's honestly
>getting a little scary.  Let's hope Shawn can bring them out of this
>shell and get them
>to play they way they can......

ya know.....hockey doesnt all come down to the goal tenders..maybe if
matt had a little defense on friday and saturday night things would
have turned out better...people are so quick to blame the golies...i
agree that they are a very very important aspect of the game and
whatnot, but so is defense and without defense it really doesnt matter
who or what is infront of the net, i mean come on...it has been pretty
evident that our defense has been somewhat lacking in the pass few
games, i am not saying that it is always the defenses fault, obvioulsy
goalies have bad nights as well.....well whatever, i really just wanted
to post something,,,,