EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"John K. Taber" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 19 Sep 1998 06:46:52 -0500
Angela Anderson wrote:

> Hello all. I am quite new to the list. I have to be honest and say that I
> signed on because I am a college student, desperate, and lost. All because of
> a one, Ezra Pound. I am writing a short paper, an intpretation of Pound's
> Canto 81, and was just hoping that someone could lead me in the right
> direction. I must say that I am quite lost. Any help I could recieve from
> someone on the list would be so very appreciated.

Hello, Angela. I must say, the directness of your appeal is refreshing.

One of the biggest problems is "how the hell do I read this thing?"
My recommendation is to get Carroll Terrell's _A Companion to the
Cantos of Ezra Pound_. This book supplies the footnotes you need to
read each Canto. Open Terrell up to Canto 81, then read the Canto
and Terrell side by side.

Take the time to work diligently. Nobody gets through Pound in a hurry.

--
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them, I have others.
                                                  --Groucho Marx