EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
charles moyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 09:12:28 -0500
   "The Pound Industry" after WCW by C. Moyer

Twenty vultures on a shattered bard,
Spar and feign and fight.

----------
>From: Brennen Lukas <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Pound the poet
>Date: Fri, Jan 31, 2003, 11:14 PM
>

> At any rate, I actually like much of Ezra Pound's poetry, mythic references
> and all. I'll take your advice and read some poems in the bathroom or
> something. I don't want to frighten my wife.

    A good way to read Pound in the bathroom is with your head stuck in the
commode. Try it. I'm sure this will reinforce your viewpoint.
    BTW when did you get married? Your wife isn't the late Kate Cone is she?

    You see, Brennen, the internet is not like academia or any institution
in which there is the process of careful screening to get in. It's more
like an old frontier saloon in the wild west. You walk in and belly up to
the bar surrounded by a strange collection of characters some with their
eyeballs hanging down on their cheeks and some all dusty and grisly from
bein' out on the range and some dressed up like fancy gamblers from the east
and some packin' peacemakers. And you turn to the first one next to you and
what you say better be good 'cause if he thinks you're a jackass he'll just
pull out that old 44 and shoot you in the foot (if you ain't packin
yourself) without blinkin' an eye and if someone says to him, "Why'd ya go
and shoot that young feller?" old grisly Joe says, "I didn't like his
puttin' down  mythic references." And no one says another word cause they
figured he had his reasons. Course if they do he's still got five more
shots.