EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Ben.Harper" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Apr 1998 20:14:33 +1000
The VOU club was started in Japan by admirers of "that great harmless
artist Erik Satie" - Pound discusses the club in the Guide to Kulchur,
pp.137-140, in chapter 20, "March 12th". Katsue Kitsono wrote Pound "Now
the most interesting subject to us is the relation bewteen imagery and
ideoplasty....  That which we vaguely call poetical effect means,
generally, ideoplasty which grows out of the result of imagery."  (GK, p.
137).

In the essay about Cantos 72 & 73 that appeared in the 20th anniversary
issue of Agenda (can't remember the author), it states that the fragment
"lines to go into Canto 72 or somewhere" was first published in Japan in
VOU magazine.

Regards,
Ben.Harper

At 19:36 18/04/98 -0400, you wrote:
>On Sat, 18 Apr 1998 16:17:40 -0700 wrote...
>>

>Wasn't the Vou Club a Japanese group devoted to poetry in general, and
Pound in