ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Phil Leavitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 23:19:27 -0400
At 10:00 AM 7/10/97 -0400, you wrote:
> [...]

I saw a similiar story in the Burnswick Times Record today (7/10/97).  The
article states that "SportsChannel announced a 3 year deal with Hockey East
to televise 9 regular season games and the 14th annual Hockey East
Championship from both campus sites and the Fleet Center in Boston."

The article goes on to state that "The reagular Game of the Week package
will begin in January, with 6 predetermined games and 3 Wild card games to
be announced at a later date  The agreement sets the stage for
approximately 45 Hockey East contests to be aired live over the next 3 years."

Didn't NESN start showing the game of the week in November?  Have any Maine
stations picked up hockey broadcasts yet?  Whow will announce the games?  I
hope SportsChannel continues to also show games from other Conferences.

Overall, this is excellent news for HE fans! :)

Phil
UM'79 & 84