ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 12:02:40 -0500
At 09:28 AM 2/2/00 , Wayne wrote:
>Mottau and Allen get media attention  because they are upperclassmen
>and score a lot (1.08 and 0.71 points/game, respectively). Orpik and
>Scuderi are good, but 1st-yr Bill Cass is their 3rd best defenseman,
>IMHO.  Hughes rounds out a very strong defensive corps!

They are so deep on defense Hughes has been moved up front to forward on
one of the top 2 lines.

>In goal, BC is a notch down from Dipietro, IMHO, with Kelleher and
>Clemmensen.  Kelleher has a tremendous save percentage (93%),  but
>Clemmensen (89%)  somehow seems better to me,  despite his several
>loses to Maine.  Maybe a goalie coach could set me straight.   :-)

Kelleher is not the traditional standup-type goalie, and next to Clemmensen
you can definitely see the difference in style.  Kelleher flops all over
the place and really relies on reaction.

I've always thought Clemmensen was not a very good goaltender, but
benefited from some great defense corps.  The addition of Kelleher makes BC
very dangerous IMHO.

>Not necessarily a better TEAM than Maine in either case.

Right on.

-Deron