EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 16:04:21 -0400
7bit
From:
Tim Romano <[log in to unmask]>
Cursed is the man who moves his neighbor's boundary stone.
Then all the people shall say
 "Amen! Cursed is the man who leads the blind astray on the road."
    Deut. 27:17

I haven't read Hill's poem, but I would guess that he is alluding to the
full verse -- i.e. that Pound 'led the blind astray', in a figurative sense,
that is, with "false teachings" -- though Hill has Pound himself stumble
('founder') like one of the blind.

Tim Romano