From:
Elaine Stanley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Elaine Stanley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2014 15:28:33 -0500
Be careful using this from the web site.  It's for info use only,but can't
be copied for filing.  This info appears on the site regarding the 1099:

Attention: This form is provided for informational purposes only. Copy A
appears in red, similar to the  official IRS form. Do not file copy A
downloaded from this website. The official printed  version of this IRS
form is scannable, but the online version of it, printed from this website,
is not. A penalty may be imposed for filing forms that can't be scanned.
See part O in the  current General Instructions for Certain Information
Returns for more information about  penalties. To order official IRS forms,
call 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676) or Order Information Returns and
Employer Returns Online, and we'll mail you the scannable  forms and other
products.

The local IRS office told me I needed to use their print copies ONLY.

Elaine Stanley (who just filed some 1099s for a small nonprofit)