From:
Anna Boll <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anna Boll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2013 11:25:05 -0400
The other day I received this email from my client Brenda Reeves Sturgis.
I've posted this as a blog post at the Creative Bookings website
authorvisits.com, and I'm sending it out to all of you in the hopes that
you'll see this as an appropriate and beneficial post to the MELibs
community.

My son has started a company called Bitzy Baby and has invented a
revolutionary baby bumper that is 30X safer then what’s on the market. They
have been working on this for 4 years, it is patented, in many countries.
They have 13 more days to raise the money they need to go into production.
They need to raise 13,000 and they have a grant lined up that will triple
the money so they can come out with their first bumpers for sale in 2014.
They’ve already put about 100,000 of their own money into getting this
product as far as they have. My son traveled to China to meet with
manufacturers.  I thought one way that I could help them would be to offer
the chance to win a full-day school visit, I will be drawing the winner
on October 13th.

Brenda’s *TEN TURKEY’S IN THE ROAD *school visits are lively, interactive
and perfect for these autumn weeks leading up to Thanksgiving.

If you are the winner and you’d prefer to wait until spring, your students
can experience *THE LAKE WHERE LOON LIVES*.

Here’s what you have to do to win a chance at this visit, (an $800.00
value).

1. Go to INDEIGOGO watch the 4 minute
video<http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bitzy-baby-the-crib-bumper-solution?c=pledges>and
donate $25.00

2. Go to BITZY BABY facebook page and like
it<https://www.facebook.com/BitzyBaby>
.

3. Post your name on Brenda Reeves Sturgis’s facebook
wall<https://www.facebook.com/brsturgis>
.

Brenda will put all the names in a hat, and draw one name on October 13th.
The school needs to be within a 3-hour’s drive from her house in Shapleigh,
Maine. Bitzy Baby is a company that she believes in, that is trying to save
the lives of babies one breath at a time. This is a way for her to help
Bitzy Baby reach the goals that they need, while offering schools a chance
to bring an author in for a reasonable fee.

BUT WAIT! THERE’S MORE! :)

Anyone who enters (completing all three of the requirements above) and does
not win will be able to book a school visit for $600– 25% less than
Brenda’s usual 2013 fee!

The fine print:

WIN a professional one-day author visit for your child’s school, which
includes 4 sessions from Brenda Reeves Sturgis, author of *10 Turkeys in
the Road*, Amazon, Scholastic, Marshall Cavendish, 2011, *The Lake Where
Loon Lives*, Islandport Press, 2014, and *No Fun in the Sun for Santa*,
First Ideas Corp, 2014. http://www.brendareevessturgis.com.
The<http://www.brendareevessturgis.com.%20the/> school
needs to be within a 3-hour’s drive from her house in Shapleigh, Maine.
Date subject to author’s availability. Any winning or discounted school
visit must be booked before July 2014. To qualify, an entrant must satisfy
the three requirements above. Donation names will be cross-referenced with
facebook page “likes.”
Happy Reading,
Anna

Anna J. Boll