EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"C.Brandon Rizzo" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 21:47:48 EST
Mr.Morse:
What exactly were you responding to? It's difficult to either agree or
disagree with you when it seems that you mistook a specific line, from a
specific context, for a general statement about technological advances, viz.,
computers. I'd very much like to hear your opinion...within the context of
the conversation. At no point did I mean to imply that all of humanity is
becoming lazy due to computers.
As for shopping mall novels and popular cinema, I must admit I haven't read a
thousand page King novel lately or gone to see some high-tech longwinded
film, but I suspect that if the books are selling and the ticket sales are
up, then the content is rather thin, easily digestible and ultimately
disposable, as most things in popular culture are.

--CB