EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Robert Kibler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 08:12:59 -0600
Does anyone recall the article which suggests that Pound moves towards an appreciation of the vagrant female--the wandering female, not tied to traditions, place, circumstance--an example of which is the woman (sorry, I forget her name this morning) who appears both in the Cantos and who ran off with a knight or troubador in the middle ages--Pound prizes her for freeing her slaves before dying. Dante probably met her in her old age at Can Grande's house?  For some reason, I think Eva Hesse may have written this article, but perhaps I should let my vague question stand before I make it a downright murky one.