EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
bob scheetz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 22:42:48 -0500
doesn't everything about ep point to raging narcissism?
the great man/poet thing, the sequence of picturesque personae
beginning with bertran, mandarin, jefferson/adams, etc
...the impregnable self-assurance,
...luxuriating in self-fantasy, exhibitionism,
and poetry qua self-promotion?
...the imperviousness to umwelt & mitwelt,
except qua stage and audience?

is ep the laureat of the age of narcissism?
the cantoes a kinda lotus-eater-land poetry,
wherein all we can indulge
our personal poet manque narcissism?