EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
pcockram <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 20:27:03 -0500
I finally re-subscribed so I could post to the list (my ips
changed my user name and the list wouldn't recognize it).
Yes, I do have a CD, but I don't think I offered it to
members of the listserv.  It is not commercially available
yet (I am working on it), and it is not available through
interlibrary loan (at least I don't think so).  The copy on
file at the Graduate Center of City U., where I got my Ph.D.
did have a copy of the CD in a sleeve, but I think it has
been stolen (CDs are easy to pilfer).

It is greatly expanded since Leon Surette saw it and
includes textual variants and facsimiles of holograph
typescripts and mss.  The Italian Cantos are read by Mary de
Rachewiltz (who wants me to change it, because she does not
like her reading).  The other foreign words and expressions
are recorded mostly by me, and the translations that are not
Pound's are mine.

I am preparing a little excerpt, which I plan to send to
potential employers at universities (of whom I hope there
will be many -- or at least some!!).  I am willing to make
that mini-version available to list members when I finish it
(in about a month).  If you want to receive it, let me know
backchannel and I will notify you when they are ready (I
will ask to be reimbursed for just the
blank cd --about US$2.50 and postage).

I am also keeping a list of those who would like
notification of when/if it is published.  Let me know if
you'd like to be added to that list.

As for Sylvester Pollets comments, my CD is quite different
a different sort of project from the variorum on which Ric
Taylor has been heroically toiling.  It is both an exercise
in textual scholarship and a teaching and critical tool.

Best wishes,
Patricia

p.s. for those interested in the technical aspects, it is in
HTML, and I solved the problem of presentation by fudging
tables with some lines outside the tables, so that they are
searcheable.  Not ideal, but it sort of works.