EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jack Savage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 15:29:41 -0800
well, if that's the whole problem -- the WORD --
just stop calling it an epic.

If the Cantos won't squeeze into that particular
pigeonhole, then we either have to find
another hole, or just take it as what it seems to be:
lusus naturae ...

or perhaps it's just what it always seemed to be --
the record of one man's mind, perceiving the "epic"
of human life -- past, present, future.

And isn't that what so many are engaged in now?
poets and the rest?  gathering our materials from
our senses, CNN, Online, and wherever else,
we daily piece together THIS epic .... human beings
alive on the planet

and a few feel compelled to save their notes.

"Everyone from the ages of 17 to 23 should write poems
who wants to; however, I do not believe in everyone
printing his sin."

(quoting/paraphrasing Mr Pound, from memory)

"Revenir au texte."