EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Jacob Korg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 09:32:26 -0800
Perhaps, on this 102d anniversary of Pound's birth, it is fitting to lead
this thread back to its original concern --the relation of Pound's state
of mind to his poetry. The many fascinating facts and speculations we have
seen in these postings suggest that these are muddy waters that are not
easily clarified. I hope Mr. Redman does not consider my use of his name
as gratuituous, since it was his original message about bi-polar disorder
(so long ago) that prompted my reply. Since he thinks of his view as
hypothetical and is forming it with professional help (an expression not
to be misconstrued), he is certainly being sufficiently cautious. I am
happy to see that Mr. Surette has eloquently supported my original advice
with one of the best messages we have seen, and I have learned that mental
conditions may be influenced by nationality (Richard Read), and also that
it is wise to stock up on chicken before turning to creative effort.
        These exchanges will certainly want us to see Mr. Redman's book,
and it might be best, as he suggests, to wait until it appears before
evaluating his hypothesis.
                                                Jacob Korg