EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Erik Bader <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 19:00:15 EST
I heard the trans. is pretty pompous, with misused words, goofy jargon,
downright stupidity. Heaney's getting old, I suppose. I avoided it after
hearing this from reliable sources.

EP always listed Beowulf under the anglo-saxon "must-have" list, but prefered
the Cid and the Seafarer. Never really did (to my knowledge) explain why the
Wulf wasn't up to par with the others. I always thought it was a decent
read...Grendel and whatnot.

Totally off the subject: does anyone know if the Pound house in Wyncote
remains? Is it a museum? I used to have a job as a security officer in
Wyncote and it's still a nice enough town...I didn't learn until years later
that that's the old Ez stomping ground. Was the woods he romped around w./HD
in...that was Fairmount Park? Wonder if there's some carved initials in a
tree out there...somewhere....

-EB