EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Burt Hatlen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 10:29:26 -0400
I owe an apology to everyone on the list.  The local computer gurus
told that the logs for the list  were full, but they didn't tell me
that this meant that messages were no longer being forwarded.  I did
notice, about the middle of August, that I was no longer getting error
messages, and I realize now that this was a sign that the system was
plugged up.  But I confess that I felt considerable relief--I get
anywhere from ten to thirty error messages every time someone post a
message to the list, and frankly I'm tired of deleting these messages.
(There must be a command somewhere to "suppress error messages," but I
don't know what or where that command might be.)  Anyway, I didn't
realize what was happening until last week; and on Friday I dumped all
the accumulated logs from 1995 (we've been running for four years now!)
through 1997. And the behavior of the list today (several hundred error
messages in the last hour or so) suggests that the lines of
communication are again open.

Burt Hatlen