EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
charles moyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 22:56:33 -0500
    Hope you don't mind my chiming in especially after I whacked  zee French
deconstructionaires up side the head with young Wilson's THE OUTSIDER, but I
have subsequently seen that word appositely resurface in this symposium.
    Nevertheless, the answer to your inquiry I think lies in the evolution
of America slowly into an effeminate state at least on the intellectual and
academic level. You only have to listen to the questing and passive voice of
today's poetry readings. The voix a la mode an insecure monotone sounds like
Ginsburg whining questions for Whitman at the fruit stand. Foucault
certainly had his fou culte. As it turned out he should have screened them a
little better.

    "No capon priest was the Goodly Fere
    But a man o'men was he.

This morning here in northern Ohio there was a hoar frost. I stood outside
in it for some time thinking of Pound's lines from Canto LXXXIII,

    "If the hoar frost grip thy tent
    Thou wilt give thanks when night is spent."

It is a rather beautiful phenomenon.

Charles