EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
En Lin Wei <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 02:12:09 GMT
Bob scheetz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>what a testimony to the invincible delusion of petit bourgeois idealism
>that we should be castigating ep's fascism & co . . .

What is the nature of the " delusion of petit bourgeois idealism" in this
case?

Is it petit bourgeois and idealistic to criticize Pound?

Is it petit bourgeois and idealistic to criticize fascism?

Who does the "& co." refer to?

Could you clarify this point?

>while on the national stage is presently playing,
>for the edification of the terminally credulous,
>the-camp-david-peace-accords-ii farce . . .

I am not sure whether or not these negotiations should be qualified as a
farce. In one sense they may be a farce, from the point of view of many
members of the American public, from the point of view of some Palestinians,
and from the point of view of some Jews living in Israel.  Yet the failure
of such negotiations, and the rejection of compromise might lead to more
"farcical" results, namely more violence, more deaths, another middle east
war, and other unknown catastrophes.

>where, if history be any guide,
>those same will be soaked for a figure likely in the 100 billions . . .

This soaking of the American public is regretable, and another boon for the
arms manufacturers, but if you can see any other alternative, aside from
bribing people into living peacefully side by side (which seems to have
worked fairly well, as far as Egypt and Israel are concerned), then the idea
you have should be proposed.

>the cockroach politicians will get their prize . .

Isn't it better they get their prize for peace making than the praise of
hawks for making war.  I prefer Carter's acheivements at Camp David to the
atrocities Bush is lauded for in Pananma and Iraq.

>...and the colossally agrieved untermensch . . .

I am not sure what you mean by this?  I think I know what the German word
means, but such a phrase is easily misunderstood. Perhaps you could make the
meaning clearer here.

>their accustomed continued victimization

No one should be victimized, neither the Palestinians, nor the Israelis.
Looked at from the outside, it appears that peace talks could be fruitfull.
The Israeli withdrawal from Lebanon seems to be a very promising recent
development.  Barak is, of course, a politician, and yet he seems somewhat
more reasonable than many previous Israeli heads of state.

As far as Pound is concerned, I imagine he must have said something about
the state of Israel.  Does anyone know what he said?

Regards,

Wei