EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Martin Knepper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 00:34:38 +0100
Pardon me if this might be an offside topic for most of you, but what
the H* is the 'Ezra Pound Institute of Civilization' ??? Has it
something to do with this Buffalo circle you'd been threading some weeks
ago (and which I did not follow to carefully, frankly speaking - it
looked that aside of my knowledge, interests and opinions, the
Adams-Cantos of this list), or is it just the 500th 'Sage of Zion
revisited'?
I found the following description in an antiquarian catalogue.

"Eustace Mullins was (is still?) one of the premier lecturers on the
Conspiracy circuit of the 1980s. This book, 'The World Order, A Study in
the Hegemony of Parasitism," was published by the Ezra Pound Institute
of Civilization, 1985, 217p., first edition (of course). It is a trade
pb, in vg condition with a slightly small bent cover corner. It is
dedicated to H.L.Hunt.Chapter titles are: The Rothschilds, Soviet
Russia, FDR, The Business of America, CIA,Bechtel Complex, The
Foundations, The Rules of the Order. Mullins cloaked his conspiracy
theories in a brilliant presentation involving intellectualism, Ezra
Pound quotes, and the Nutty Professor persona."

Anyway, looks as if I did not really want to buy it, just took one of
the halfwilled looks like you do when you read those ads for the '6th
and 7th Book of Mosis'. Distanced curiosity.