NETANN-L Archives

- NETANN-L - Networkmaine Network Announcement List

NETANN-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Irelann Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
- NETANN-L - Networkmaine Network Announcement List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2013 08:54:54 -0500
The locally signed SSL cert on NameO and NameP has expired and been
replaced with an InCommon SSL cert.

As you know this inCommon cert went into place unplanned 30 days ago and we
backed it out on NameO and NameP when it was reported to us that some
software was not handling the new SSL cert.  We left the New Incommon cert
in place on NameA, NameF, NameI, NameK and NameM and asked people to test
their software against those machines.

If we find that there are still severe problems we can renew the locally
signed SSL  cert and back out to it for a brief interval for people to fix
processes authenticating against it.

--
Irelann Kerry Anderson          phone:    (207)561-3508
Systems and Operations