From:
Mamie Anthoine Ney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mamie Anthoine Ney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2022 14:09:15 -0500
Fascinating guy.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Butler

There are several copies offered on ebay, etc.

Still, you might want to try:

Carlson and Turner in Portland
https://carlsonturnerbooks.com/

DeWolfe and Wood in Alfred
https://dwbooks.com/

Sounds to

On Thu, Dec 1, 2022 at 2:00 PM Jean Bourg <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> It would be fun to compare it with Elizabeth Leonard's new biography of
> Butler.  She did a reading at our library. Highly recommended.
>
> On 12/1/2022 1:22 PM, Wendy Boyle wrote:
> > Good Afternoon,
> >
> > I had a gentleman come in yesterday with a very old book and was trying
> > find out some information on it and if it was worth restoring and where
> > get it done. It was in pretty rough shape, it was a biography of Benjamin
> > Franklin Butler called Butler's Book written by him. I looked it up and
> it
> > was published Jan.1, 1892.
> > Does anybody know anything about this book?
> > Thank you
> >
> > Wendy Boyle
> > Stratton Public Library
> --
>
> Jean Bourg
> Unity Public Library <https://unitypubliclibrary.org>
> 38 School Street | PO Box 338
> Unity, Maine 04988

Mamie Anthoine Ney

Auburn Public Library

49 Spring St.

Auburn, ME 04210

207.333.6640 x 2020

www.auburnpubliclibrary.org

Maine Library Commission (2022 - present)
“The public library is where place and possibility meet.” - Stuart Dybeck