EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Richard Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 17:03:55 GMT
My wife used to live at 70 bis rue Notre Dame des Champs - not in the same
flat as Pound, but on the top floor of the block. She didn't even know that
Pound had lived there, as there is no plaque or other memorial. (Paris is
not so peppered with plaques as London is - although I'm not sure there's a
plaque on any of Pound's London addresses either).

There's a gate on the street leading down a little alley way to a courtyard
full of sculpture. I seem to recall (from Carpenter) that the sculpture was
there in Pound's time too. It's a haven of quiet - at least now that Antheil
no longer lives there!

Richard Edwards