EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
En Lin Wei <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 07:09:28 GMT
JB wrote:

<<as for the political parties you've listed, the
most one can say about them is that they're irrelevant to the political
process in this country>>

I can sympathize with that viewpoint, though every new party begins as
seemingly irrelevant.  I wonder which of these parties you sympathize with
most, in terms of their platforms or proposals, or if you reject all
political parties outright.

<<the greens may be an exception to this remark, but
that remains to be seen.  >>

I agree with you here.  We could probably say that of all the parties I
listed, the Greens are the "least" irrelevant.

<<what is certain is that if the greens -- or any of
the other parties you list -- should pass beyond the threshold of
irrelevance, they will be co-opted by the moneyed interests,>>

Again, your point is a good one.  The behavior of the Greens in France and
Germany, especially with regard to military intervention in the Yugoslavia,
illustrates the likelihood that American Greens would become just as
corrupted.

<<just as the
major political parties are -- that is, they will become stooges enacting
and
enforcing laws and policies that ensure that these interests will benefit.>>

So I take it, you are against these parties, or are indifferent to them.  So
once again, forgive my persistence, but while I am again clearer about what
you are AGAINST, I still wonder:

What are you FOR?

Yours inquisitively,

Wei