EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jacob Korg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 16:23:44 -0800
Dear Tim:
        Yes, his debt to Browning has been long established, and it isn't
just late. Besides the Three Cantos, there is his letter to Rene Taupin,
-- "Pourquoi nier son pere?"(Pound's grip on French was never entirely
secure.)
        I was  not suggesting that you actually drop Men and Women for
Sordello -- except in jest. Of course, the links are more numerous, but
the dramatic monologues are more attractive -- and less formidable. I'm
sorry to see them go, if you really do make the switch.
        Incidentally, what text of Sordello would you use in class?
                                        Jacob