ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 08:16:04 EST
The UNH Kitties were all over Coach Walsh on USCHO for his alleged "whining"
after the UMass game.

HISTORY NOTE: (After he found out he had been misquoted, he wrote a letter to
the school's newspaper, after speaking to Coach Mallen first, explaining that
the quote was taken out of context.  Apparently the quote made it sound like
he thought UMass should be a D-III team, when what he said was they deserved
much better fan support than they get, because what they get is D-III level
fan support.  He had praised the UMass team.  He gave me a copy of the letter,
which I doubt was ever honored with a printing.  This guy can't buy a break
south of Augusta...)

Dan's copying of the article doesn't make it sound so bad.  Was there another
report that I somehow missed?  Does Umile usually comment that way?  If ANYONE
believes UMaine gets preferential ref calls, they should talk to my husband,
who complains bitterly about the refs all the time!  They would be overwhelmed
by the recitation of the outrage of _____ calls in _____ games!

Oh well, it just makes the win sweeter, and the anticipation of the rematch in
February that much better!

Cathy Hart