ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Dan Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:45:25 -0400
Having penned the initial retort to the off-topic Voce posting, let me say I
totally agree with Jim's take on the situation...

BTW, ME-HOCKEY this month already has more postings than HOCKEY-L (even
deducting this thread)...

And of course if one is desirous for more generic HEA news and postings, or
just NC$$ hockey "stuff" there is always USCHO (where I have been known to
lurk in the Message Boards on occasion)

As for Philadelphia, Gary Thorne (former broadcaster for our Maine Black
Bears and native of Old Town) had an excellent story in his last BDN column
about what he observed when exiting the new ballyard there...well worth the
read.  Now if the original poster had made an effort to offer even that
tangential leap, I might not have commented in the first place.

In closing, let me quote the immortal WC Fields:

"Last week, I went to Philadelphia, but it was closed."

Dan
(at least the first game next season counts in PWR)

james acheson wrote:

>I think that the point is that HOCKEY-L is the list for general college
hockey discussion... and that is the place for that type of conversation.

>this list is suppsoed to be narrowly focused, if people start talking about
all the tangents in the world, that are PROBABLY of interest to Miane fans,
then there would really be no end to the topics... and lots of people would
jsut leave the group.