ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 1997 01:20:38 -0500
At 03:05 PM 3/4/97 -0500, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>Also on recruiting....Maine has five departing seniors and it  lost a number
>of scholarships for next year (I'm not sure how many).  How many new
>scholarships can be awarded this spring?

Maine played this season with 16 of 18 scholarships available due to a
penalty removing two.  They only used 14 I believe, and two of those are
Adam Tate and Mike Garrow, players who are freshman eligibility-wise next year.

So by losing five players, assuming all are full-scholarship, Maine would
have 4  full boats available since they can only give out 13 for next year
due to NCAA sanctions, but that is actually "six" because Tate and Garrow
did not play this year.

These are just my best "guesses", since I don't know for sure.  I know Maine
will only have 13 scholarships next year and that they used 12 the first
semester this year and 14 the second semester.
---
Deron Treadwell ([log in to unmask])