ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 1997 10:02:54 -0500
8bit
From:
Jacob Metzler <[log in to unmask]>
[log in to unmask],NNTP writes:
>The attendance counts at the games seem high (5,364).
>Now that I am not in Maine and basking in the hell of Las Vegas, I was
>curious as to how loud the fans are being?  Is the team getting their
>support?
Oh yeah they are getting numbers through the door...the BU game was the
biggest attendance ever 5500something....

>  I remember how the team reacted to the fans when they were
>down...louder fans...harder playing.  Is this team like this?  Are the
>fans
>doing their job or are they quietly sitting on their rumps.  (I know
>there
>are loud fans...but a few can barely be heard in the Alfond)
This is where the difference is right here. We as fans are just not
making enough noise....I mean the game against Colorado College way
back at the beginning of the season was about the only one that I think
we really made noise and influenced anything....The BU game the place
was dead , for the Merrimack Alfond was dead, and definitely last night
it was dead...I don't know what you can do to possibly spice up the
crowd...It's not like we have a lousy team.  I mean they are even with
every other team in HE so we should give them that extra boost out on
the home ice.  It is definitely going to hurt us when they go out on
the road because every other program has taken the page out of our book
on "How to win at home, MAKE NOISE" .

>  Are the students coming out to the games?
Yes, I think students are coming to games, I am a student and haven't
missed a game yet.  Lots of students are there.  I don't know numbers
but I do know that all the student tickets were gone for the BU game
and many times there is a mad dash by some of my friends to get one on
game night.  Although I will say that although we are there we really
aren't doing our part to make our presence felt.

>Just a lot of questions.
There are some answers:)

> But not being there I wonder what the atmosphere is.
>Deirdre
>   '96

-Jake '00(hopefully)