ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 08:01:32 -0500
Personally, IMHO, etc.

I don't think it became really nasty until the antipathy between Parker and
Walsh became public fodder, although we have been verbally abused and
threatened down there for years (anecdotal references upon request)

I didn't really have much dislike for BU until I was in Milwaukee for the one
road trip I have ever taken with the team.  After BU was beaten, Mr. Parker
was going all over the place telling anyone who would listen how easily Maine
would be beaten in the finals.  When we returned, in between banquet
reservations and demands on all my phone lines, I prepared a box for Mr.
Parker, with a UMaine water bottle, all the issues of the FMH newsletter, a
FMH pin, various other UMaine stuff, topped off by a large bright blue
pacifier young girls were wearing as jewelry that year and an application for
membership in the FMH, with a note saying, "Next season, back a winner"
 (which he did......).  But that invitation was never accepted.  I have,  of
course felt terribly rejected in this offer of friendship, and have enjoyed
the image of the (imagined) look on his face on opening this large parcel.  I
saw that look for real during the games here last month.

On AOL, the BU fans are yakking about Scarlet and White as champs, etc., and
they visit our board to flame us regularly.  Ah well, that's hockey!

Cathy