ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 10:34:04 -0500
8bit
From:
Jacob Metzler <[log in to unmask]>
They do hold out seats, and even more for students for the UNH game than normal that's part of the reason you may have had no luck getting any tickets for the game this year.  This weekend though my friends easily got tickets this weekend to both
games.

Yeah UNH would sell out at 6500+ seats but the rest wouldn't.  Are one/two games a year worth it to build a new arena? I don't think so.

Not to mention you are living in a dream world if you think they would actually lower prices with more seats.  I don't see how they would do that considering how much the university needs the income.

Also you get the dreaded "Whitt effect" seats with more corporate seats where people don't have a clue whats going on on the ice, increasing the disappointment the students have with the rest of the building.  So far the "these are fans that have
been here since the early days, and they enjoy hockey in their own way" argument has worked as an explanation why they aren't screaming their heads off the whole game, but introduce more seats and get more people who don't know hockey and got them
because someone is trying to seal some corporate deal, and then there will be some really unruly folks.

Just a couple of my thoughts on it.

-Jake