ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 10:16:02 -0500
8bit
From:
Jacob Metzler <[log in to unmask]>
Ahh, but the atmosphere is what brought Howard here.  And others.  How many times do you have to hear that the newer places are more lackluster in terms of crowd noise.  The biggest complaint about the Alfond is the training rooms and lockerrooms
and if those are upgraded the way they say they are going to be, then that side of things will be better off.  I don't know that more seating is necessarily needed.  I don't think either games this past weekend were sellouts, so that tells me that
more seats (say 6500) are not needed.

Not to mention there is no money around for such a facility to be built any time soon.

Sure the Balcony is cramped, and each seat doesn't have a cupholder, but really, its not that bad.  It's no fenway.

-Jake