ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Adam Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2007 10:04:05 -0500
I was lucky enough to be at the game last night, and I have to say that
Maine played probably one of the best games they've played all season.
Granted, they still had some opportunities - such as Bishop giving up too
many rebounds, and Maine struggling to clear the puck out of their zone at
times - but overall it was a great game on the road against the #1 team in
the country.

I thought they did a fantastic job in the corners, digging out the pucks,
and for the first time in a while, their passes were getting to their
targets.  When someone passed the puck, most of the time someone was there.
 It was much better than the pucks that were being thrown away and turned
over the past couple of weeks.

Let's hope they can play just as well in a more hostile environment tonight
at the Whit.  Speaking of environments, I want to say Thank You to all the
Maine fans who made it out tonight.  In that 3rd period, when Maine took the
lead, there was a very loud contingent of Maine fans throughout the arena,
and I can only imagine how it made the team feel to go into the Verizon and
have the support they had tonight.

--Adam