ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 17:24:23 -0800
Nice entry from Eric Weinrich's blog, reflecting on his 40th birthday
and looking backwards too.
http://sports.mainetoday.com/pirates/weinrich/008576.html

Quoting:
As I sit here writing tonight, watching my son Ben work on one of his
daily art masterpieces and an eye on the BCS game, Sunday night is
still on my mind. All day I was thinking about a time some twenty years
ago, on a day not unlike Sunday, when I met a very dynamic and
persuasive man. He wanted me to take a chance and visit a place he
thought I would really enjoy. That place was University of Maine. The
man was Shawn Walsh, the sole reason hockey has become such a passion
in the state of Maine.