ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 21:56:35 -0500
For the first time ever Maine loses a HE playoff game at home, falling
tonight to UMass in the first game of their quarterfinal series 5-3.

Unbelievable.

I am sure we have plenty of people who saw the game, but from the radio I
have this to say:

- This Maine team should be digusted by their performance of late.  They
have appear to play with no heart, they let a team that HAS NEVER WON a
playoff game come into their own barn and dictate play.  MAINE HOCKEY has
something about it that these players don't seem to "get".

- Francis Nault needs to sit until he learns to stop turning over the puck.
I am tired of hearing "Nault turns the puck over, and its a goal for <insert
team here>".  Jack Parker would have put him on the bench a long time ago.

- Doyle should play Friday.

- One thing clearly missing from this team is leadership.  I'm sorry, but
this is ridiculous.  The coaches can only do so much the rest has to come
from within.  Past Maine captains are not resting easy tonight.

- Maine has 7 seniors.  Did they forget what it takes to get to a national
title game?

- As someone said in the the chat room - "Guess I can go to the Frozen Four
with no emotional attachment."  If you can't beat UMass at home, how are you
going to beat an NCAA calibur team?  Maine is one and done in the NCAAs.

- I could say here that it is gut check time, but we've had several of those
already.  Needless to say it would be a total embarassment if Maine loses a
quarterfinal series at home.

- Six straight weeks Maine has lost the first game of the weekend/series.
Completely unacceptable.

Very, very disappointing....